Before H1B Stamping Interview
- Complete DS-160 Visa Application Form
- Schedule H1B Visa interview (find the procedure from your consulate)
- Complete Finger Printing (in India)
- Pay the Visa Interview fees
H1B Visa Stamping Documents
- Ds-160 Barcode Confirmation
- Appointment Schedule Letter
- Original H1B Visa Approval Notice – I-797 Form
- I-129, Petition for Non-immigrant worker
- H Classification Supplement to Form I-129
- H-1B Data Collection and Filing Fee E1xemption Supplement
- Labor Condition Application for H-1B & H-1B1 Non immigrants
- H-1B Visa Petition letter provided by your employer
- Employment Verification letter
- Pay stubs for at least last 3 months (if you were working on H1B)
- Monthly bank statements (last 3 months), Bank of America provides Immigration Letter
H1B Visa Supporting Documents
- Current Employer – Offer Letter
- Copy of the Resum1é
- Sample company projects documents and some documents describing what your company does
- Previous Employer H1B approval notice (if applicable)
- I-797 A, B or C
- Official transcripts (Undergraduate, Graduate and other certificates)
- Degree certificates or official diplomas (undergraduate and graduate degrees)
- Original I-20s forms (for degrees from the U.S.)
- OPT/EAD Card (if applicable)
Tax and other documents from the U.S.
- W2 Tax forms (at least last 2 years)
- Tax returns 1040s
- Driving license and social security card
- Client Letter
- If living in the U.S. – take copies of utility bills, rental agreement, or home deed.
- When in doubt, always consult an immigration attorney or immigration professional.
The details listed might not be enough to get a visa since every individual’s case is different since everyone comes from different backgrounds.
From what I read, companies with less number of employees, less than 25, might face lots of questions during interviews. Most H-1B frauds were discovered were from small companies. Good luck to you guys in your H-1B visa stamping application.
Spouse and Dependent Children
- Original, valid HDFC bank visa fee receipt ( only for applicants scheduled at U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai)
- The original Notice of Action Form I-797 of the Principal Applicant.
- Form I-129 (if Form I-797 is a blanket permit, copy of Form I-797 and I-129) of the Principal Applicant
- Photocopy of the Principal Applicant’s valid visa (if applying separately).
- Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
- Original Birth certificate (for each child).