Shoonya Tax – International Students File Your Taxes and Get Refund -70$ Flat Fee

Are you ready to file your 2016 Taxes – 1040NR for International Students

International Students   check
Internship/Trainee and Work & Travel   check
International Teachers/Researchers/Lecturers   check
Short-term scholars and Research scholars    check
Multiple W-2 / Consultant   check
Professionals – specialty and non-specialty occupations   check
Business visitors, Intercompany transferee   check
Other non-working and non-studying visitors, tourists   check
Family members of students, scholars and research scholars    check
Family members of other visa holders   check
US income recipient without US entry visa   check


The best US tax prep solution for international students and scholars – Limited time offer for Students & OPT for 95$ 70$ – Flat rate with

International Students here in the U.S. are required to file taxes. Finally, there’s a Service provider – can help Non-Resident for Tax Purpose ( like F-1 Visa, J-1 Visa, OPT, STEM OPT Students and scholars) to prepare their taxes online for a Flat fees – 70$! Get the Promocode  for 70$ flat fee by  Sign up here!

[typeform_embed url=”” type=”embed” style=”button”]

Should International Students and Scholars file taxes?

Here’s the what website quotes for International Students and Scholars about filing taxes here in the U.S.

Filing IS required by nonresident alien students and scholars who have:

  1. A taxable scholarship or fellowship, as described in Chapter 1 of Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education;
  2. Income partially or totally exempt from tax under the terms of a tax treaty, and
  3. Any other income, which is taxable under the Internal Revenue Code.

Resident Alien vs. Non-Resident Alien for Tax Purpose

According to IRS, word Alien means “An individual who is not a U.S. citizen or U.S. national”. And, they have two more sub-categories within Alien for Tax Purposes.

  1. Resident Alien for Tax Purpose
  2. Non-Resident Alien for Tax Purpose

Don’t confuse the terms with Permanent Resident Alien, used by USCIS to describe people with Green Card.

How to find if you are a Non-Resident Aline for Tax Purpose?

You can do that by doing a test called as Substantial Presence Test or Green Card Test ( Green Card Holders). If you are considered as Non-Resident Alien for Tax Purpose, then you can’t use 1040 to file your taxes. I don’t know what will be the impact of filing incorrect tax forms in future, but you have the option to file an Amended Return to fix your wrong tax form in previous years.

Feeling overwhelmed already?

Don’t you worry? Shoonya Tax will ask you few simple questions, and generate the right tax forms to file with IRS.