Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Universities. Some of you might be eager to start one as soon as you arrive in the US so in this article you will find a list of the universities that allows students to start a CPT the second they arrive. Please note that this list is based on reader’s input and that we are not guaranteeing the accuracy of the information.
So if you want to make sure that the university mentioned offers CPT from day one, simply visit the school’s website and do a little bit of investigating. No luck finding the information you need? Send an email or call the school in question to find out if they offer a CPT early on in the semester. We begin with our list below, and add any extra vital or unique information pertaining to how the CPT program functions at each university.
- Coleman University, San Diego, California
- International Technological University, San Jose, California
- United States University, Chula Vista, California – From Day 1
- Goldey-Beacom College, Wilmington, Delaware – From Day 1
- Knowledge Systems Institute, St.Skokie, Illinois – From Day 1
- Sullivan University, Louisville & Lexington, Kentucky – At this university, you can start your CPT in your MBA or your Masters once you have already had at least one year of Master studies accredited by another university. If you fall under this criteria, you can start your CPT during your first week at university.
- Wichita State University, Wichita, Kentucky – After 9 months of studying
- Globe University/Minnesota School of Business, Woodbury, Minnesota – Day 1 – During your CPT, this university offers classes every 11 weeks that are conducted during the weekend.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, New Jersey – After 1 year of studies in the US
- Infoserve Technologies Institute, Flushing, New York
University only part-time CPT is available to students – this means you can do a CPT for 20 hours per week at the beginning of your studies. However, you need to major in a computer science related subject and you can only take work positions which are in the same state. Also, they only allow you to work from the start of your semester until the end of your semester – you cannot work in gaps or holidays. In case you are planning to do a full-time CPT, you will have to wait until the summer semester since the university only grants full-time CPTs during this time. If you decide to do a full-time CPT in the summer you will not be able to study at the same time. In order to meet your credit requirements, you would have to take 3 classes in Fall and the Spring and then take none in the summer semester. If you fail any of your courses during your Fall and Spring semester, you cannot do your CPT in the summer.
If you are planning to get a CPT for a longer time period, meaning more than one semester, you need to go to university at least once a month. Therefore, the requirements are at least one face to face class per month Please make sure to always recheck with the university before you make any final decisions based on this list.